This chapter explains how to install the 6410 stepper motor drive.
Topics covered are:
• Unpacking and inspecting the 6410
• Installing and using the 6410 unit safely
• Selecting other system components
• Mounting the 6410 in your installation
• Connecting input/output cables
2.1 Un pack ing and In spect ing
1. Remove the 6410 from the shipping carton. Make sure all
packing materials are removed from the unit.
2. Check the items against the packing list. A label located
inside the chassis of the unit identifies the unit by model
number, serial number, and date code.
Inspect the unit for any physical damage that may have been
sustained during shipment.
If you find damage, either concealed or obvious, contact your
buyer to make a claim with the shipper. Do this within 10 days of
receipt of the unit.
Storing the unit After inspection, store the controller in a clean, dry, place. The
storage temperature must be between -55 degrees C and 70
degrees C. To prevent damage during storage, replace the unit in
the original shipping carton.